electrical problem

Check the high beam switch.  The low beams go through the high beam switch.
I had my high beam switch fall apart internally and I couldn't turn on low
or high beams.  If you have a voltmeter, pull the lower steering column
cover off and read the voltage at the switch.  You can tell if the switch is
getting voltage and if the switch is conducting or not.

If you don't have a voltmeter, then pull the plug off of the switch.  Be
very careful when you pull the plug because it's on very tight.  You will be
tempted to use a prying implement to pull the connector.  That prying
implement may very well be conductive.  The top terminal on the plug goes
straight to the battery.  Zap!!!!  I recommend disconnecting the battery
before trying to unplug this connector.  Once you get the connector off,
insert a wire into the terminals that jumps the connections the switch would
normally make.  Then try your lights to see if they work.  If they work,
then your switch is bad.  The high beam switch is actually part of the wiper
switch assembly.  A new one is ~$22 from Potterman.

GL!!

Ian Overholt
'88 16v

P.S.  I am ASSuming that you have a Bentley so you can see what terminals
you need to jump or measure!