New Clutch and Flywheel questions

Shawn C Meze wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:32:02 EDT WaspHwy@aol.com writes:
> > I am going to be installing (finally) my audi 3a in my 84 gti.
> > I am gonna put a new clutch in (16v PP) and a lightened flywheel
> > at the same time.
> > question:
> > do I need to do anything to the motor/trans to prepare them for
> > the 210mm swap, or is it a direct replacement? thanks
>
> Direct bolt on ordeal.
>
> Shawn Méze

Yes, AND-

Pushrod (on the trans) and main shaft seals.

New PP bolts (they even come w/ sealant on the threads), a light scrub
with super fine steel wool on the flywheel & PP surfaces (non soap
kind), followed by a good bath of acetone or brake cleaner, clean the PP
and friction disk too.

New motor mounts, manually adjustable clutch cable, oh and some hi
octane gasoline.  :D

TBerk