A/C Woes

There are two switches in the system on the hard pipe between the condenser
dryer to the condenser that monitor pressure, a low pressure switch and a
high switch. If the refrigerant pressure is too low the clutch will not
turn on to protect the internal parts of the compressor and if the pressure
gets too high the compressor shuts off to protect the whole system from
bursting.

When you turn on the A/C does your idle change slightly (increase)? If yes
then the system is trying to compensate for the load your compressor would
introduce to the motor if it started. With the A/C on remove the wires from
the low pressure switch (think it's the green top switch) and jumper them
for a second to see if the clutch activates. Do not let the compressor run
for too long if it does engage since your freon level is obviously low. If
the compressor works with the jumper recharge the system.

If not check for loose connectors or other electrical opens.

-Raffi