hey guys help me with calloway turbo please

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C1E532.BA883A20

>From what you describe, you either have a timing problem due to oil in the
distributor, or possibly a clogging fuel filter.

Other things to check are the idle switch on the TB and the temp sender
switch on the under side of the flange on the front of the head.

I am assuming that your engine management system is cis-e

BcH

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Jonas K.
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2002 10:23 AM
To: JCJJCC@aol.com; scirocco list
Subject: Re: hey guys help me with calloway turbo please

The description of the problem doesn't narrow it down much, It could be
anything really. Use the appropriate manuals, etc. to troubleshoot.

If you can't figure it out yourself, bring it to someone who can.

Lastly, stop trying to get it into boost. The last thing you want is melting
a piston because you were lean and went on boost. A $5 torn hose could turn
into a total engine failure. Use your head, man.

Figure out the problem by using proper diagnosics.

Jonas

On 4/15/02 10:05 PM, "JCJJCC@aol.com" <JCJJCC@aol.com> wrote:

> i have a 90 golf with a 1.8 8v with the calloway turbo kit on it. it was
> running alright until the other day.  it started sputtering and now when i
> give it full throttle, it starts to sputter out like its running out of
fuel.
> if i give it like half throttle, it will spool up good and pull nice then
it
> will eventually fade out and start to sputter there too. is this a fuel
> problem or is it an ignition, or maybe the turbo is gone??  i dont think
its
> the turbo cause it spools so good. well any feedback would be great.  oh
and
> it backfires sometimes too.  thanks guys

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C1E532.BA883A20

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DWindows-1252">
6.0.5762.3">
<TITLE>RE: hey guys help me with calloway turbo please</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/plain format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>From what you describe, you either have a timing =
problem due to oil in the distributor, or possibly a clogging fuel =
filter.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Other things to check are the idle switch on the TB =
and the temp sender switch on the under side of the flange on the front =
of the head.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I am assuming that your engine management system is =
cis-e</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>BcH</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>[<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org";>mailto:scirocco-l-admin@sci=
rocco.org</A>]On Behalf Of Jonas K.</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2002 10:23 AM</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>To: JCJJCC@aol.com; scirocco list</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Subject: Re: hey guys help me with calloway turbo =
please</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>The description of the problem doesn't narrow it down =
much, It could be</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>anything really. Use the appropriate manuals, etc. to =
troubleshoot.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>If you can't figure it out yourself, bring it to =
someone who can.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Lastly, stop trying to get it into boost. The last =
thing you want is melting</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>a piston because you were lean and went on boost. A =
$5 torn hose could turn</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>into a total engine failure. Use your head, =
man.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Figure out the problem by using proper =
diagnosics.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Jonas</FONT>
</P>
<BR>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>On 4/15/02 10:05 PM, &quot;JCJJCC@aol.com&quot; =
&lt;JCJJCC@aol.com&gt; wrote:</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; i have a 90 golf with a 1.8 8v with the calloway =
turbo kit on it. it was</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; running alright until the other day.&nbsp; it =
started sputtering and now when i</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; give it full throttle, it starts to sputter out =
like its running out of fuel.</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; if i give it like half throttle, it will spool =
up good and pull nice then it</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; will eventually fade out and start to sputter =
there too. is this a fuel</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; problem or is it an ignition, or maybe the turbo =
is gone??&nbsp; i dont think its</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; the turbo cause it spools so good. well any =
feedback would be great.&nbsp; oh and</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; it backfires sometimes too.&nbsp; thanks =
guys</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Scirocco-l mailing list</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Scirocco-l@scirocco.org</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2><A =
HREF=3D"http://neubayern.net/mailman/listinfo/scirocco-l";>http://neubayer=
n.net/mailman/listinfo/scirocco-l</A></FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C1E532.BA883A20--