Start Up Problem / Question

Adjust your idle screw on your Throttle body to 850-1000 on the 8v and
975-1000 on the 16v, personally I just set mine just below the 1K line and
this battery light thing never occurs.

Explanation of the reason why the "charging fault" light:

When you start the car, the belt turns the alternator shaft, for the
alternator to create a charge it requires a certain RPM for the system to
create load. and that is why (in a simplistic way) you are getting a light,
until you press on the gas and it goes away, because once you have achieved
the momentum required by the alternator, as long as the engine runs, you are
just fine.

its a Volkswagen thing.. It freaked me out the first few times...
no worries it's all good.!