How to burp a 16v?

When you run it , does the fan run? does it run for a period of less than 1
minute? (while on idle) , run the car to work, park the car leave it on
until the fan starts, and tunr the car off, how long does the fan run for
(It should not run for more than 10 mins here..(as per bentley).
These are two questions that will help you figure out if the car is at least
burped enough to function properly.

I have burped cars for 30 mins, and then I take then on the highway for a 15
miles of spirited drive (faster you go, faster the water pump works, more
pressure it builds and helps flush air bubbles out of the system. and then I
park it for the night, and check the level in the morning, 99% of the time I
have 1/2 coolant tank left, and it is the only time I have to refill it.
(self burping!)

What you need to fix first is that wire that goes from the sender (water
temp) to the gauge or create a temporary water temp gauge setup (Audi gauge
with wires from battery and from sender held in hand,) so you can tell if
the system is actually burped or not.

The oil temp gauge is not a really good gauge to measure the water temp (I
can have the water be just fine with the oil temp being high (clogged oil
filter for example or tired oil pump at cause).

BTW: A water temp sender is 4.50$ at any vw parts store (just bought one
yesterday) (this is assuming spare water VDO temp gauge at hand)

Hoping any of this helps you out.

ATS - Patrick Bureau
1985 8v **Planning ABA/JH  Upgrade**
1988 16v ** FOR SALE : 1500.00$ **