Gas tank issue

     To answer your question, yes.  I had my 87 done in 2001 (14 years) at
Bytek VW in Ottawa.  They were really good about it.  They ended up breaking
both rear brake lines, didn't charge to replace.  The only bad thing is the way
the fuel pump ended up being installed when they were finished.  It doesn't
look real nice, hanging visibly underneath.
     The only caution they gave me before the work was started is that if the
top mounting bolts are badly corroded, they may not be able to do the swap as
there would be no way to remove the old one.  Apparently those bolts fit into
blind nuts that cannot be accessed.  Without ETKA to check, I took their word
for it.

Cheers,
Colin