MORE ON 2.0L SWAP

The 2.0L 16v has definitely more punch off the line than a 1.8
if that is what you are looking for. Keep the 2L head in that case as
it produces more low end torque than the 1.8L. The 1.8 head
makes more power at higher rpm. You won't regret upgrading if you
install a healthy 2L. A change of tranny wouldn't hurt, either,
to get off the line faster.
Kareem