Temps too hot

jester@westfailure.net wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Daun Yeagley wrote:
>
> > Any ideas on what the problem really is?  Solutions?
> Vacuum leaks?
>
> Timing? (cam to crank and ignition..)
>
> running lean? (injector seals, all hoses etc.)
>
> carbon buildup?

Run concentrated injector cleaner through it just before an oil change.

> DPR setting?

I'm thinking running lean, and/or valves not closing right; either
because of bad timing AND/OR that carbon problem.

Also, the purple power purge of the coolant system. Put in something non
caustic but sufficant wise and drive it around for awhile. Back flush,
run with straight water for a day or so then flush again.

Refill with the 50/50 (hey, it wont freeze up there any more this
season, right?) you could get away with 30 coolant 70 water- water
conducts better, coolant prevents freezing and boil over.

This has me wondering if the waterpump is moving enough fluid or not.
How many miles on this thing?

Either the motor is running too hot, or the coolant system isn't taking
away enough heat.

>From these two points spring my diagnostic flow of reasoning.  8])

TBerk