picking up a new beast - parts to take

> >"Foxx (in a box)" wrote:
> > >
> > >   i'm driving to get my new beasty in west virginia
> this weekend. this
> >is about a 200 mile, or so, drive. i requires a starter,
> which i'll be
> >taking along with a good assortment of tools. my
> question is, what else
> >should i take? mind you  i'm planning on driving this
> thing back. i already
> >have all the belts and will have a number of the hoses
> before i leave. i'll
> >definitely take a fuel pump relay (jumper wire at
> least), but was wondering
> >what other people think might be beneficial to take.
> alternator? fuel pump?
> >i have some space, but not a whole lot for parts. as
> said, i'll be getting
> >it this weekend (leaving friday evening) so i'd
> appreciate hearing from
> >y'all before then. thanx.
> > >

> >- Distilled water and phosphate free coolant; (maybe two
> gallons of
> >water).
> >- Small bottle, unopened, of DOT 4 brake fluid.
> >- Two spare tires, inflated.
> >- Extra battery, if possible borrow a loaner.
> >- An Alt would be better than a starter, even if it's an
> auto.

TBerk - the car has a dead starter hence the reason he's
taking a 'new' one.  Excellent list though, the only thing
I'd add good 'ol 100mph tape.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '82, '85, & '88 Sciroccos
'82 Pickup
'90 Passat Wagon
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening." - Lane Wallace