[OT] CIS Cabby to 16v?

> *QUESTION FOR THE LIST* If you wanted to use say, a 9A on a 16v, do you just
> need a 16v clutch, and just make sure you use the right sized inner CV's for
> the output flanges you have on that tranny?

for a 9A its the 8v clutch that you would need, since it has the different size splines (i.e. to fit
the tranny input shaft). As for flanges/cvs, on a 9a you can go either 90 or 100mm.

im still trying to figure out how my 'fn' tranny has 100mm cv's and doesnt appear machined to clear
anything at all. (it has fn stamped on its housing, and i thought it was the housing that was the
clearance problem).

Al

Allyn Malventano, ETC(SS), USN
87 Rieger GTO Scirocco 16v (daily driver, 170k, rocco #6)
86 Kamei Twin 16V Turbo Scirocco GTX ('it has begun', rocco #7)
87 Jetta 8v Wolfsburg 2dr (daily driver, 260k, 0 rattles, original clutch, driveshafts, wheels :)