[tech] Audi 1.8T in a MKII Rocco???

> Well Scott, if you "simply" have $2k to spend, along
> with the tuning skills to "simply" make the thing run
> without burning a piston, you've got the right idea!
> :)

Hey, my buddy and defacto business partner just picked up at 1.8T motor with
bent valves for $250. And, at the VW Show this past weekend, I found an SDS
EM-3 system for $300. Yeah, there'll be more parts to add to this equation,
but the value is obvious. I'm not suggesting for a second that paying retail
prices for a 1.8T plus programmable EMS is a thrifty way to go! Ya gotta
scrounge around!

> There's nothing wrong with the VW engine management.
> ... I'm going to stick with a stock
> Digifant 1 ecu on my G60 swap.

Right on. As I chattered about a few months ago, this is really the most
economical way to go. I was going to run my throttlebodies with the Digifant
1 set up before my TEC-II unit became available. I really don't understand
why more folks don't go this route. It works and the system is dirt cheap
(relatively speaking). Why bother with Motronic conversions when you can go
"all" the way?
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut