[ot]: screwed on ebay: update!

thanks to all who helped me track down the kid on ebay who took the money
and ran.  i called his parents, and informed them of the situation. they
didn't seem pleased. 2 days later i got the goodies! in case anybody wants
to read it, here's a copy of the email he sent me today. i couldn't help but
notice that it was from the same address as his other ones, he never sent me
a single email, and his timeline is wrong, but:

"Sorry for not getting the more detailed email to you sooner of my view of
the misunderstanding that occurred.  As I can see from the USPS website you
have received your package.  I hope you are happy with it.  Again my
apologies for the delay in shipping of the package.  Like I said I would do,
I would try to explain to you how the misunderstanding happened.  Here are
the events as I see them.

-You win item

-Initial emails are made, payment and shipping information is established

-I assume you sent the money

-All through January I did not receive the money, I sent you more than one
email inquiring about this, you never responded.  Near the end of January I
get a check in the mail with your name on it, different return address on
the envelope than on the check caused some confusion, I did not worry
because I could just look at my email

-About this time my computer had a major crash (caused by bad power durring
a bad snow storm).  I needed to backup and reformat 40GB of data.  Once this
process is finished I email you and others (ebay and non ebay related) about
the issue that I had and it would be a little extra time because of this
uncontrollable problem.  You never responded to this email.

-At the same time there was an issue with the payment you gave, it was a
personal check, I had to give it time to make sure it cleared.

These were the initial reasons for delay in your product, that did not yet
excede the amount of time it took you to deliver the payment.

The rest of the delay was that there was time needed for the check to clear.
It took less time then I originally thought it did, but some book keeping
issues and issues with the bank caused some confusion about that.  Also
buisness and school held things up in a way that they should not have and I
apologize.

As far as the fact that I did not respond to your emails is that I now use a
different email account and my parents use this one.  I told them to inform
me if I got any mail and they neglected to.  For this I am sorry.  I never
received any mail from ebay involving this issue.  As can be seen neither of
us have been exceptional at returning email (although I think this time you
have done better than I).

Again I am very sorry, as you can see this was caused by some of my own
delays, delays that were out of my control, bad communication between you
and I  from the beginning, that got worse as time went on, my parents only
made this issue worse.  I was planning on giving you nuetral feed back
because of your delays with the money and not responding to my inquires.
After what I had put you through you deserve possitive feedback for having
to deal it all.

I hope you see that although I had delayed, this was not entirely my fault,
I was not trying to "screw you" and I you got your product.  I hope you
enjoy it, thank you.  If you have any questions let me know, I would like to
hear from you.

Roth Michaels