I hereby swear

If I ever have a Scirocco engine out of the car again, to take pictures
of the engine from every side. To later identify each part and then to
make the pictures available for anyone to use in identifying items on
the PL engine.

I will also do the same with the transmission.

I will do this because I'm tired of going blind looking at the Bentley
trying to find parts and discovering that it does not clearly show parts
to which it refers...nor does Haynes, nor Chiltons.

If I were wealthy enough I would write my own 16V only manual as I am
tired of reading of procedures and being directed to an 8V picture.

However, I will stick with my Bentley and my Scirocco because no other
manual or car is any better!

And no, my day actually hasn't been as bad as it sounds. At least some
drunk hasn't driven into my car, nor has it been stolen, nor has it been
broken into.

Having a Scirocco is like getting a $100 gift certificate for a Corvette
(in my case). So close to great performance but so far as well.