8V head questions

Hello,
Car is an 1988 8V Scirocco 325000 kilometers, not sure
yet, but it should be hydro head (as per recent posts,
have not removed the valve cover yet).

I have broken exhaust manifold studs, so I am about to
remove the head. While I have it on a bench...

Plan (parts in basement):
4 into 2 exhaust manifold.
New studs, washers, nuts and gaskets.
New stock head bolts, head gasket.
TT 2" exhaust.
A cam and a TB will be installed, but not now.

Work already done:
port match the 4 into 2 exhaust manifold

Work to be done:
drill broken studs out.
port match the intake manifold (head and TB).
port match the head.

I have no experience with head work, questions:
What work would be recommended to do to the head?
lap the valves?
replace the seals?

How long a shop will take to carry this kind of work?
Car has to be out of my garage in two weeks, as I get
the other Scirocco out of hibernation, and into my
garage for a 2.0L transplant...

Any good reputable shop around Montreal? Or even
Toronto, if they are willing to ship it back.

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco
'88 Scirocco Slegato