Idle again

Ok guys, I'm getting ready to do the whole idle schtick to figure out
the problem with my cold idle. To review my 87 16V starts right up when
cold but won't idle. I have to warm her up by keeping revs up. After
warming she'll idle though roughly.

I'm trying to think things through before I go out and begin. I am
thinking the cold start valve must be working as I can start just great
though it may be leaking causing rough idle due to too much fuel. If I
read the Bentley right the cold start valve should only be active some
12 seconds when cold.

Does this sound right?

Second, cross your fingers for me that I can get the shift linkage
aligned correctly. After reading all the archives I'm convinced I still
don't have it right.