What kind of gas

The "best" gas for any car is the lowest grade that doesn't ping. There is
actually more energy in lower octane fuel and going beyond what doesn't ping
is just a waste of money. Theoretically, you'd lose power with the higher
grade stuff because of that energy issue.

Don't waste your money on high-octane fuel if your engine doesn't require
it. Low-compression (8.5:1) motors should work fine on 87 octane. The high
compression folks (10:1 - 10.8:1) will probably be better off running 93 or
94 where available.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut