Scirocco 16v Parts Car?

It is with great regret I report the demise of poor Nemesis.  Fresh out of
the body shop (well, it's been about two weeks), I was on the 710 Fwy
northbound to the 405, on my way to San Diego to check out some motorcycles
when the unthinkable happened.  Something (I still don't know what) hit my
rear tire and my car spun out like a top.  I had it under control the first
two turns (turning into the spin out), but on the third spin, he lurched
forward and hit the freeway (cement) guard rail and the front buckled under.
  I came to a stop facing on-coming traffic on the 405 fwy at the Pacific
Avenue exit.  I quickly re-started my car (my head was still spinning), and
put it in full reverse to get out of the way.  When I was clear to turn my
car around in the correct direction (South bound), I coaxed the car over to
the right shoulder and tried to get out my car.  My driver side door was
jammed, so I had to exit through the passenger side.

Damage assessment:  Bumper is still somewhere on the 405.  Driver side
fender caved in resulting in rubbing of front tire and driver side door
being stuck closed.  Hood is fine.  Front bumper reinforcements buckled
under the car so my front spoiler is crumpled.  Driver side fender, bumper,
and headlights don't have a scratch.  I don't know if the frame is bent or
not. Radiator is leaking, but it stopped after awhile.  Engine is fine.

In any case, I'm going to have my car dismantled for parts.  I've already
contacted someone regarding a 1988 Porsche 944 (the next best thing, I
guess) and he wants $2,500 for it.  His wife is having a baby and they want
a truck.  Will have the car inspected by my mechanic on Wednesday or
Thursday, and if its in sound mechanical shape, I hope to take delivery by
week's end.

Both seats have no tears and the cables work.  Rear seat is spotless.  Tear
drops are in good shape with a few scratches.  Custom made dash cover.
Crackless dash in my garage.  1.8 16v cylinder head in my garage. Brakes are
good.  Eibach Sportline springs.  Neuspeed upper strut tower bar.  New
clutch/great transmission.  Rear hatch cover in good shape.  Passenger
door/side great condition.  Driver side rear quarter panel great condition.
Rear bumper great condition.  New style 16v antenna.  Everything else is
good except the front driver side area.

I've not decided if I'll part the car out or sell it whole to a salvage
yard, I'm waiting for what the body shop will quote me on the repairs and if
my insurance company will balk or not.  It's highly likely that Nemesis has
come to the end of his road.  Oddly enough, I didn't cry or anything like
that.  I guess I was just too sad.

As I was on the side of the road, a silver Scirocco 16v with 3 passengers
whizzed by and waved at me.  Anyone from the list?

Anyway, one less Scirocco on the road today.  Ironically, there was another
Scirocco 16v with front end body damage at the body shop where my car was
towed.  Expedite Body Shop on E. Spring Street in Long Beach.

G'night folks =(

Steph