[OT] Tools

For what its worth, the people who used to make Craftsman tools now make
Husky tools for Home Depot, and my impression is they are better than the
current Craftsman tools.  Also, there are a lot more home depot's around me
than Sears, so that helps.  You used to be able to take Craftsman tools in
to Home Depot and have them replaced, but I haven't done this in a while, so
they may have quit.

Pawn shops always seem to have a lot of DVAM's (Digital Volt/Amp meters).  I
got one with a nice large display, large operating ranges, and lots of
features for small electronics for $20.  They usually have all different
types.  Take a 9v battery with you, so you can make sure the thing powers up
before you buy it.

Other places to look for tools or whatever:

www.craftsman.com
www.homedepot.com
www.harborfreight.com - they specialize in el cheapo tools, which is OK for
only a few things