[OT] Tools

> >From: "Aireq" <trance_whore@yahoo.com>
> >So now that the weather is starting to get better I'm going to start fixing
> >up my car / pulling the 16v out of my 16v / figuring out how to get the 16v
> >in my 8v. Anyway I have this 74 piece craftsman tool set that I got for
> >christmas when I was still in high school. I'm missing a bunch of sockets,
> >and a wrench or two. So I'm thinking about looking for a new (well new to
> >me) set of tools. I was thinking about just hitting up goodwill or some
> >pawn
> >shops. Or if I buy new I'll probably just end up getting craftsman at
> >sears.
> >Any suggestions? Oh I'm in the seattle area btw.
> >
> >eric

THEN

> >Julie Macfarlane wrote:
>
> 10,13,15,17,19,24 & 30 for sockets.
> 7,10,13,14,15,17,19 for wrenches.
> Phillips and a big ass common screwdriver.
> don't forget the whopper of a hammer.
> Tool box complete.
>
> Julie

Hmmm, that word COMPLETE. (You had to Know we would trip up here).  8P

- Add  that the 30 mm socket should be 1/2" drive or larger, should be
accompanied by a 1/2" extension (a half inch half inch extension) and a
matching 1/2" drive 18 inch (or longer) breaker bar.. (For getting the
axle nut started with the car on the ground.)

- Multimeter (Volt/Ohm). Bonus if it has continuity beep function,
double bonus id it will do dwell measurements. (In my tool box these are
two different devices.)

- Dedicated 1/2" (deep) socket, in my case 3/8" drive, to hold the 8 mm
triple square driver. I have it held in place w/ gaffers tape (like duct
but oh so more elegant). The need for a small diameter drive here is
important to clear the CV.

Uh, that's all for now.

TBerk