Saw this on Ebay, ?????

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, T Berk wrote:

> "John C. Worden" wrote:
> >
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1818429061&r=0&t=0
> > It's for a cylinder head.  Notice anything wrong?

> 1. It's says it's for a 1.5 L gas engine. (I can't early confirm if the
> years are right but it's only listing early cars).
>
> 2. There SEEMS to be some thing wrong on the right hand edge of the
> head, is that a crack on the  exhaust port?

Here's my interpretation...

1) valves are not bucket lifter type i/e not recessed into head, no place
for lifter. Looks more like a pushrod engine head that would have rockers
installed rather than OHC head.
2) no cam bearing mount bosses (consistent with being pushrod engine head)
3) exhaust & intake ports appear to be in the wrong configuration based on
my VW experience. (each exh. port on a VW has a stud above & below.)
4) in picture 2, you can tell that there isn't a return galley off the
front of the head/block like on my 81 diesel, though early VW motors may
not have this...

Thats just all that springs to mind..

take care,

Steve

     If you see a mad professor in a minibus, just smile. --James Bond
                      http://westfailure.org