Fwd: Re: Question for seller --(re:$600 fender)

> If a group of us started sending him "HA HA"
> mail to make fun of him,
> then that is very tacky and uncalled for.  All it is
> is using tact.

You're exactly right. Yes, there /are/ polite ways of
doing it, but even that isn't really necessary when
you think about it.

I'd admit that it is possible that I mis-read the
intent of the emails, but then someone sent a "muhaha:
now $350" email, so I'm pretty sure I'm spot-on. The
simple fact that it's even a topic for the list is
evidence that we aren't just interested in politely
informing the seller that their price is too high.

> Just MY
> opinion!!

That's fair. Mine was nothing more.

> Simple,
> but there is that line that is crossed once in a
> while.  A simple rule to
> live by (but not always simple to implement) is to
> not say or type anything
> that you may regret in the future.

Yup. I'm guilty of it too sometimes...

Neal

--- Dave Ewing <rabbit16v@prodigy.net> wrote:
> [...]
> feel I
> > need to make a statement.
> >
> > No offense to anyone here, but why do you care so
> much
> > as to harass this guy? If you think it's too
> > expensive, DON'T BID. If everyone thinks the same
> way
> > you do, he'll get the hint. It isn't necessary to
> > publicly embarrass him. For all you know, he
> > subscribes to this list.
> >
> > Something is only worth what someone is willing to
> > give you for it. There may be someone somewhere
> who is
> > willing to pay $600. I doubt it too, but if there
> is,
> > this guy just made a bunch of money, and his
> customer
> > has an nice NOS-OEM fender. They're happy, and
> entered
> > into the agreement of their own free will. If
> nobody
> > buys, he'll probably re-list it for less and try
> > again. Either way, why is it so important to you?
> >
> > I know you're not really trying to be jerks about
> it,
> > and I'm not trying to piss anyone off myself or
> start
> > a flame war. But try to think about it from their
> > perspective, and maybe you'll see what I mean.
> >
> > People do this all the time on VWVortex and the
> > i-Club, and it's part of the reason why I don't
> spend
> > much time on those sites. All it does is piss off
> > sellers and embarrass potential (or actual)
> buyers. I
> > just saw the worst ever example on the i-Club,
> which
> > is probably the real reason why I felt the need to
> > write this post.
> >
> > My local Subaru dealer carries MRT rally parts
> from
> > Australia. They're building a monster WRX for a
> > (admittedly wealthy) customer. It will cost over
> > $45,000 dollars including the car, will produce
> > 600hp+, and involves flying MRT techs in from
> > Australia to do the tuning. That's a LOT of money,
> but
> > obviously someone thought it was worth it. When
> the
> > dealer posted in the interest of sharing some
> exciting
> > news about building a cool tuner car, some little
> > troll got on the forum and started demanding to
> get a
> > line item list of all the parts & labor because he
> > just couldn't see how $45k was worth it. He shit
> all
> > over something that the buyer and the seller were
> both
> > VERY excited about, and purposely tried to ruin
> their
> > day. Why? Did it make him feel better? More like a
> > man? I dunno. For all the people he upset, I hope
> > so...
> >
> > Like I said, I'm just trying show another
> perspective
> > on the situation that maybe you hadn't considered

=====
~Neal