Body work Q: What's a good temp. covering?

--- Larry <rocco16v@netzero.com> wrote:

> Black paint is a no-no over black primer; you can't tell when you've
> got an
> even color-coat applied.
> I'd lay on a coat of flat-black lacquer, thin.  It will protect from
> moisture and sands off very nicely.

The only reason I wanted to use black as a temporary covering is so my
car won't look like a total POS while I'm finishing the body work on
the rest of the car.  As I stated in my original post, I don't want to
keep this coating - once everything is ready for paint I was going to
bring it to the paint shop and block sand the whole car to remove the
temporary coating and then get a proper primer/paint job...

Is lacquer available in spray cans  (other than those tiny touch up
cans at FLAPS)?  Do I need to prime first, or will the lacquer stick ok
(don't forget it's only staying on for 2 months at the most...)

Thanks!

Mark.