Body work Q: What's a good temp. covering?

I'd like to do my own bodywork in stages as money and time permit.

What I'd like to do is work on a section at a time, get it perfect, and
then spray a coloured "primer" to cover up the panel until the car is
ready to paint.  When everything is straight, I was going to bring it
to the shop and then block sand the whole car to get the temporary
covering off, and then get someone to spray it (I might even try
spraying it myself with some guidance...)

Does anyone know of a product (preferably spray can) that will protect
the panel for a month or two AND be easy to sand off later?  Will
regular old spray primer from my local FLAPS be ok?   My car is black,
so I don't have to worry about matching the colour...

I ask this because I don't want to end up with a temp covering that
will A) be a PITA to remove  or B) will not sand evenly, causing me to
sand more than just the covering to get everything straight again

Any insights or links would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Mark.