My Machinist shafted me!!!

If it's an automotive repair shop contact the Bureau Of Automotive Repair
or the Department of Consumer Affairs in your area and have them
investigate the case. They can help you get your money back and the only
thing it will cost you is the time to go there and file a form.

The BAR here in California helped me out several years ago when I had a
shop install used parts on my car and charge me for new. Got repaid for the
total amount for parts and labor so I could go somewhere else and have the
repairs done, I refused to have them work on my car any more.

-Raffi