Dead Scirocco/stranded woes

  Happened to me once. Car just died while I was waiting at a light.
Would not start again. Had it towed and dumped at the nearest available
spot, my parents driveway.

  The next day, I tried firing it, and it worked right away. I drove it
quickly to my corner mechanic. It was a clogged fuel filter. Just
replacing that got me going.

  But the reason for the clogged fuel filter turned out to be rust in
the fuel system, which took a couple of years to eliminate.

	Jean-Claude
	84 8v