Remote starting; was Installed new head, engine wontstart...

--=======147057BC=======

At 09:14 AM 4/1/02 -0800, Jeff Toomasson wrote:

>Have you tried installing the distributor slightly loose and rotating it
>while cranking (may require your wife's assistance with the cranking part)?
>This is impossible (well, nearly) to do by yourself.

Here is a great reason to own a remote starter.  I don't mean the things
that you install to start the car from indoors, but the pushbutton switch
with alligator clips on the end that you connect to the battery and
starter.  It was a lifesaver on the '81 for me.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-Just rolled 100K
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.