Failed Emissions, what does it mean?

Well Steve, seeing as how you're above the limit on ALL THREE gasses, I
don't see how any amount of tuning will get you to pass.  You need a cat,
plain and simple.  When you adjust mixture leaner to get the HC and CO
balanced, you shoot the NOx up.  But the NOx is already over the limit, so
you have nowhere to go.

Ian Overholt
'88 16v

Hi all,

I failed the dyno enhanced emissions test, and my ass hurts, kidding.

Anyway, my DPR is set to 5 MA, new 02 sensor. Running a bit hot.

     allowed   my reading
HC   0.8       2.87
NOx  2.0       4.2
CO   15.0      13.0

I dont have a cat, but dont think thats wy I failed, but now that they saw
that there isn't one i have to put one in, oh well.

Anyone have any ideas?

take care,

Steve