Re: Fw: 82 Scirocco, $950, Chapel Hill NC

> i'm kinda interested in looking into buying this car as i'm right here in Raleigh, NC but...Does $950 seem a little hight to anybody else for a car that has 257,000 miles on it and is an 82?  Would it be unreasonable to try and talk this guy down?  I mean even if the car is in pristine condition, it does have 257K on the clock...

  i'm in the process of getting my '84 ready to sell. supposedly has
249k on the clock, but the instrument cluster had been played with so
i'm not sure. the body is in great shape, thoug the driver-side door
looks like it was pried into. the door should be replaced because of a
small crease in it, though. in-dash cd player with leather (sheepskin)
interior that it's in fairly good shape (d-side needs repair). sunroof
works as do all the electricals (except rear wiper pump, which i'm going
to replace). did a tune-up and some brake work on it (ask for specifics)
as well as a new clutch around 1k ago. i'm planning on asking $750 obo
for it since it has a crunchy 2nd gear on a 9a. probably ask more when i
replace the synchro.
  so, 1) if the car's in good shape, i think it could be worth $950.
i've seen some really clean '82's. 2) if you're interested in buying an
'84, e-mail me (located in columbus, ohio).

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com