Re: wheel bearing question

I think you are confused.  When you pull the hub out of the bearing/housing,
the inner race (inside part of the wheel bearing) breaks off and is stock on
the hub.  This must be pulled off the hub, before you put it back in through
the new bearing.  There is no way you can repalce the hub into the new
bearing, with half the old one still stuck on it.  Unless, you replaced the
bearings and grease separetly rather then replacing the whole bearing
itself.

Brad

1987 16V Scirocco
vwrocco85@hotmail.com