Re: Hooking up euro lights.

<snip>L.M. Loyd wrote

> As I now understand that the lights need (optimally) 13.5V, this now
> makes sense. I had previously thought that the lights would have been
> designed with a 12V system in mind, so the difference between 12V,
> and 11.92V did not seem worth wiring a new system.
>

> > > rather than ripping out the old wires,
> >
> > Who said you have to rip out the old wire?
> >

> Well, if you are going to do it, might as well do it right! I
> wouldn't want to leave in wires that I am not going to be using.
<snip>

As far as ripping the old wiring, it is not necessary at all.  It is easier
to just use the current output for the original lighting as the switching
current that flips the relay this way if your relay goes out you still have
the stock wiring harness intact.  Really easy to get lighting back and there
is no downside as far as voltage loss.

Robert Piwonka