Re: Talon

At 04:36 AM 9/27/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Y'all seem to be talking about Diamond Star Motors - a joint venture
>between (then) Chrysler Corp and Mitsubusihi.  In this case, Chrysler
>sold the cars as the Plymouth Laser, the Mitsubishi Eclipse and the
>Eagle Talon.  Since that time, Eagle and Plymouth have been disbanded
>and Chrysler has been absorbed the Daimler group.

And Diamond Star Motors was bought out by Mitsubishi in the early 90s, and
became Mitsubishi Motor Manufacturing of America(at least I THINK thats
what MMMA stands for).

180hp on a 2.0 engine from a chip and exhaust seems kinda high. The 95+ non
turbo engines are the same as whats in the Dodge Neon. So I think he is
claiming 30+hp from the chip and exhaust. Kinda high, considering that many
of the chips for those cars dont do much.  The turbo engines however, are
Mitsubushi designed, and are capable of LOTS of power(400hp on the street
isnt difficult).

Brad