86 16V vs. 2.0 16V Talon

My friend has a 95 Talon 2.0l 16V.  I have been talking cars with him.  Says
he has it chipped and exhaust,  has 180 horsies so he says.

Today he hands me the keys and says
'Here Drive my car, tell me if i have chance against you.'
So I drive it to the parking lot and get in my car. Then we go to a frontage
road and line up.  My other friend is in his Z28 behind us, so he honks his
horn three times and we launch.  I pull a car length in 1st and then another
in 2nd and i beat him all the way to 80.

So we go to the stop sign and turn around, then we are cruising at 45 or so
and he floors it, so I down shift to 3rd and go.  we stay even through 3rd
and 4th and then I shift to fith and start pulling on him and by the time we
get to 100 I have two car lengths on him.  He said his speedo was saying
110.

All I have is a tt race downpipe and cat back with
dyno-maxultra flow and K&N air filter.

Otherwise all stock.

Just telling a triumphant scirocco story.

Robert Piwonka