RE: Urgent help needed (I'm an idiot!)

OK, well I think I got it all straightened out, and both my doors are
opening and closing now. It was a load of problems, and no small
amount of incompetence on my part. Just in case anyone cares; the not
opening problem was that I had the handle on too tight (back screw),
which I guess probably means I need new latch/lock mechanisms. The
not unlocking problem was initially caused by a bad lock cylinder (it
was working fine before, but I seem to have messed it up this
afternoon somehow), and then improper mounting of the tensioning
spring in the back of the lock cylinder, and then also by tightening
the back screw too tight. Now everything seems to be working fine
right now, except the bad lock cylinder which got moved to the
passenger side. I guess I didn't do as bad as I could have, since I
at least had the correct handles on the correct sides of the car from
the get go, so I suppose I could have gotten things much more wrong
than I did!

Thank you everyone for the help.

P.S. I have a Bentley's now, but it is not really very informative
when it comes to minor things like door handles and trim and the
like.

The goal is to overcome the deliberate nature of the process.