Re: Question - Limited Slip?

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001 16:20:38 -0400 "Marc Getty" <marc@getty.net> writes:

>Peter put the Peloquin 80% LSD kit in my 16v at least 8 to 10 months
>ago
>and I have not had a single problem with it to date. If I can't break
>it, then it must be difficult to break!

They dont break but rather, on lowered cars with 90mm inner CV flanges,
they tend to unscrew the bolt that holds part of the kit in place on the
diff. then all it takes is one heavy unloading (like lifting the car to
change tires, for example.) of the suspension (usually the drivers side)
then the bolt falls out and causes lots of other problems and even damage
if not immediately recognized.

if your car is at a stock height, dont worry about it. for the money, its
a good deal and you probably wont have issues at all.

Shawn Méze (Discoverer of the LSD faults. Got the parts to proove it.)
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette -SS 30-
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!