Help control arm

So I changed the drivers side tie rod today and that went well. I had to
remove the rear clamp on the control arm to allow the wrench enough room to
move to remove and install the tie rod.  But when I went to put the clamp
back down the inside stud is um, just loose in there and I can't seem to see
any way to access it from the top.  Is this a stud that is supposed to be
just firm in there or is it a bolt that has a topside?  This really sucks.

Hope someone can help.

greg