Re: my new purchase(s) [non-roc]

Dave Novak wrote:
> Word?

The Fox came with a somewhat restrictive downpipe, exhaust because while
it has the same motor as the Jetta/Golf of the same era it was lighter
in weight and stood to steal sales from the more expensive models.

As the entry level model it was intended to be a value car but most
folks didn't realize w/ the same motor it had the same torque off the
line and Audi parts could be used to get the full breathing for the
longitudinal setup.

Third party (Techtonics?) folks have largely eliminated their Fox
offerings but there might be some good stuff out there still.

Until I killed a Honda Civic sedan with mine I drove a grey Fox sedan
for about 6 months.  The thing was very solid, almost heavy for it's
size. With some Softsports springs and some slightly better tires
combined with a 5 speed (most came w/ a four) the little beasties stand
to make out as a really hot little sleeper.

btw- I bent the Civic so bad it never drove again, but after pulling my
fender off my tire I got back home with the one remaining headlight just
fine.  Built Fox Tuff.

TBerk