Re: Cross drilled rotors, cast versus drilled...was: Rotor Question.

Heat treating actually isn't all that useful on a rotor, it doesn't do as
good a job of stress relief as cryo, and most cases it softens the rotor
somewhat. Cryo I have found to make rotors last 3 times longer (based on
Corvette experience), both on the track and on the street. This experience is
shared by tens of Corvette racers I've talked to. Check out
www.frozenrotors.com and www.percryo.com for places that perform this
service. It's very much worth the cost when you consider the longer life.
Yes, it's 3 times longer.

Sam