Re: Cross drilled rotors, cast versus drilled...was: Rotor Question.

Alright, now that you've raised the issue of heat treated rotors, has
anyone used crygenically treated (frozen) rotors?  I've heard that
they have an incredibly long life as opposed to normal rotors but
again, I don't have any experience with these.  I can't bring myself
to perform a $200 "experiment".

--- Joe Doty <rocco2nr@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I know that brakes that have been cross-drilled and not heat
> treated are
> prone to cracking.  i believe that adirondack's site says that the
> zimmerman
> cross drilled rotors have been heat treated so as to avoid
> this...but a
> friend of a friend had either wilwoods or brembos crack on him.

=====
Matthew