Cross drilled rotors, cast versus drilled...was: Rotor Question.

Matthew and the list,

My apologies, I may have been wrong about the "cast holes" on todays
cross-drilled brakes. (foot in mouth disease)
I have spent the last couple hours (100's of websites) scouring the internet
trying to find info on Zimmerman and Power Stop with very little
confirmation.

I have found conflicting information on the Power Stop brakes.
According to this website the Power Stops for the Neon have cast holes:
<http://www.neoncars.com/brakes.htm>
and according to this website they are drilled on a CNC machine
<http://www.europarts.qc.ca/powerstop.html>
I can't seem to find THE Power Stop website (who makes these)
I have also come up totally dry on Zimmerman brakes, again no main website
(who makes these).
Most say they are drilled, no evidence of them having "cast-in holes"
Anyone have definitive (proof) evidence on which mfg's offer x-drilled with
cast and which with drilled.

I did however find Brembo, the only guys with an actual website for their
products, and was suprised by this quote taken from their website:
<http://hp.brembo.com/FAQ.asp?ECSShopperID=2CVTKVQCP2M89MAKFX7GWDK6UWLQ6G6C&;
LngCode=ENG&sCurrency=USD&PrCatID=3#22>

***** "Are discs with cast-in-place holes better than cross-drilled discs?
Brembo has extensively studied and tested cross-drilling versus casting the
holes in place and found no significant effect on performance or
durability." *****

So according to Brembo (considered the best by some) there is no major
difference.

If anyone has other info or evidence on this subject please relay it to the
list.

Randy
(Tired of surfing the internet for every variation on
"Brake/rotor/cast-holes/cross-drilled" but still starving for more
information.)

Maybe

> Matthew,
> I would have to totally disagree with you.
>
> The rotors on the market today are cast with the holes in them and not
> drilled like they were years back when cracks were prevalent.
> Stress cracks are a thing of the past for everything but the most abusive
> applications.
> If you drill holes in your OEM vented rotors you will more than likely see
> cracks tho'.
>
> Seems to me (no experience yet, only had the slotted on for 1 mo. now)
that