Re: my new purchase(s)

In a message dated 9/21/01 5:08:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
toastworks@hotmail.com writes:

<<  Last Sunday I bought a pair of Fox wagons (woo!).. a driver and a fixer.
 Cool cars, I might add.>>
    'One of us...one of us... you are now one of us....'

<<Unfortunately not nearly as quick as the old beat up  rocco.>>
      True

<< Question: The Foxes (foxen?) have 1.8l engines, just like the roccos...
Why
 do the Fox 1.8's put out only 84hp? I feel like I got jipped..>>
    Teeny, tiny throttle body, WIDE ratio four-speed, and that damn,
restrictive exhaust, especially the restrictor flange before the Cat...grrr.
I installed a TB from an Audi 5K , a K&N air filter and opened the airbox a
bit, very noticable difference. Call Techtonics for a manifold to tailpipe
exhaust setup.

 <<Here's where I'm getting myself into trouble. My friend (as far as I know)
 still has a complete 3A 2.0l setup sitting on a hoist in his garage.>>
   Oh just drop it in already!

<< I do miss 5th gear, though.>>
    Audi 4K, Quantum, other Foxes with 5-spd.s.  Wide or close ratio?

 <<Oh yeah, and when I'm less than half a talk, if I make a hard left, the
gas
 cuts out, and kicks back in when I've straightened out and slowed down.. it
 gets worse the more the tank runs down.. anyone know of any inherent
 problems in the Fox such as this?>>
       Never had that problem with mine, but from those that have it sounds
like a transfer pump/transfer pump filter replacement.

<< I found my way onto a Fox BBS on yahoo, too.. Good times.>>
      Hmm, more Scirocco.org-ies finding thier way there....

   Need a owner's manual for the 88? I have an extra one in good shape.

Carl
77rocco
89fox