RE: [US bumpers=safer! was Re: US bumpers=ugly ]

At 10:51 PM -0400 9/21/01, Neal Tovsen wrote:
> > My Rabbit convertible has Euro bumpers.  They look cool as hell, they
> > snug in the lines of the car just like Scirocco Euros do.
> >
> > They are also mere decoration.
>
>BZZZZTTT!! No offense, Jim, but the conversation gets halted right there.
>I've seen Rabbit Euro bumpers. You are correct about their safety aspects,
>and they are a whole different ballgame from Mk2 Scirocco Euro bumpers!

None taken.  I recently had a Mk II Euro (in my convertible, lol!)
and was surprised at how heavy it was.

Wonder why the A1 Rabbit ones are SO damn flimsy?

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY      '93 Passat GLX, '84 Scirocco    |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         '81 Rabbit Convertible 16v     |