Re: [US bumpers=safer! was Re: US bumpers=ugly ]

Jeffrey Lowe <scirocco16v_1986@yahoo.com> wrote:
--- Neal Tovsen <sixteen.volt@verizon.net> wrote:
> I've become a huge euro bumper snob, too.
> There is NO WAY I'm ever going back to US bumpers.

It's all about taste and the desire to be different,
and not being concerned with safety. That extra couple
of inches just might make the difference between
totaled and just needing new bumpers.

> this is what they're *supposed* to look like,

Yeah, tell that to some of those Euro listers
converting their headlights to U.S. style.

Not that my opinion is wanted...If you live in the land of salt, those innards
of the NA bumpers are one solid welded mass of rust, no matter how good they
look outside, so of no additional help in an accident. The extra weight is
another big MINUS IMHO. The only reason to keep them is if you have a clean
bone stock NA car that you wish to show as such. Forget how the designer
wanted it to LOOK, and think about handling, better with the Euros than the
parkbenches with the weight off the ends of the car. But I've decided to keep
the quad lights,I just like the looks (the sealed beams are going tho, where's
a good place to get H1/H4's?) A bumper snob for sure...Cathy