Re: power shifting

Not wanting to start a flame war, but... what the hell.
Power shifting is generally for somebody that has more money than sense
(at least as applied to street cars). It's incredibly abusive to the
tranmission and engine with few exceptions. By definition, there is
nothing smooth about it.
Speed shifting, at least, doesn't risk the engine, but again, there is
nothing smooth about it, which is the antithesis of going fast in a road
race setting. Just picture what happens to a tire's lateral grip when a
torque spike is fed to it!
Dan