Re: [Mk1 model car ] Minichamps released new series of Mk1 Scirocco - very nice !

--- Dirk Schneider <SCIROCCO2@t-online.de> wrote:

> > Forget this Viper Green stuff! That color was
> available on the 76 and was
> > called "lime green metallic".
>
> ?? at least here in Germany it was called
> Viperngruen-Metallic 75
> and had the color code 96 N.
>
> why should I forget "Viper Green" ? it was actually
> the color
> some of the Mk1 had those days.
> And on the sticker below the hatch is written
> "VIPERNGRÜN-METALLIC"
> I can take a picture of it next time as a proof if
> you like.
>
> what color code is "limegreen"  ?

Probably Palma Metallic - which was the color of my
1st 1975 Scirocco. It was basically a lime green and
was also offered in 1976 (thinking from memory).

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)