Re: [Re: How to find your redline???]

Dan's response combines the two basic methods of determining redline.  I'll
go into nauseating detail in case anyone is interested.

Two considerations:
1. engine shouldn't blow up  (actually that includes's Ron's method, too)
2. you need only as much rpm as you can develop power at

For number 1, there are a few considerations:
a.  Valves shouldn't bounce off of the cam - hefty valve springs would help,
so could lighter valves.
b.  strength of various components:
    i.  timing belts are always a question for our cars.  Bigger valve
springs actually hurt you here.
    ii. everything else that might break

So that was basically uninformative, but the next part is neat.

2.  The idea here is to find your shift points and put your RPM limit at
about 500 or so over the highest shift point.  I'll explain this in a
separate e-mail, since it's kindof a separate topic.

So that means this e-mail had no usefull info in it.  The follow-up will
though.  I promise.

Sincerely;
Brian Haygood