Re: Spewing oil out the oil filter..

Recall on my car that some crap had gotten past the screen in the
pickup tube, past the gears in the pump (scarring them up nicely) and
lodged between the piston and cylinder that form the pressure relief
valve.  My troubles showed up only when cold and revved.  YMMV.

If it were a ring, you'd feel it out the filler hole in the VC. But I
don't think that's your problem.

A clogged breather?  I highly doubt it.

125*C seems quite high, mine consistently runs 105*C normal operation,
115* after running hard for a long time.

??? Pump, prolly.

Ron

--- Brian McGarvey <brianm@zbt62.eastnet.gatech.edu> wrote:
> Dammit.(not on topic for roccos but its still a damn 8v w/ plenty of
> rocco
> parts)
> This cabby just doesnt want to be on the road. Damn near everything
> is new
> and then I drive it up to the tire shop fine for me. They start the
> car up
> in the morning and it pours oil out everywhere.  I saw the remants on
> the
> car and the parking space where i parked it. They did an oil and
> filter
> change and then it got driven over to the other shop. no problem.
> So they do some tuning on it and park it for overnight in the morning
> they
> crank it up and it pukes out all the oil again...so he calls me and
> tells
> me this. He starts talking about a posible compressing ring or oil
> pump...
> I'm pretty sure it's an oil pump.
>
> Whats been done with the car.
> new motor.
> new front end.
>
> the only things that hve been changed. I did put a new valve cover on
> it.
> if the breather is clogged would it cause this problem?
>
> the car ran hot while driving it the first time oil temp ~125
> timing was very retarded tho.

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

Stupid is as stupid does.
-F. Gump