UPDATE: 16v dizzy/cam problems

Just a quick FYI here:   I recently installed AST's intake and exhaust cam
set in my '88.... all the alignment marks were dead on and still the "slash"
in the exhaust cam was not parallel to the head like the stock cams were.
So what that led to was the dizzy could not be "dialed in" for stock
ignition timing.  (I could only get 3 degrees advance instead of the stock
6degrees)   So after banging my head against the wall and personal
conversations with others...banging their head....(thanks again to  DeLong
and Ellis!) the bottom line is that the dizzy has got to be clearanced about
2mm on both ears where the dizzy bolts to the head.   I'm now able to dial
in 8degrees advance and all is well.   Not sure if this will help anyone
else,.. but hopefully so.   So if you buy AST's "new" cam set... look
forward to this.    Their old cams did not have this "flaw".    Lastly,..
this solution was also reinforced after speaking to a tech at AST about this
problem.
Thanks again guys,
Chris
'88 16v Rocco (now to just get these damn KONI's warranted!)
'78 8v Rocco
'89 8v Jetta
'92 VR6 SLC
'00 GTI VR6