Re: thanks list, I owe ya one.

Joe,

I especially like the artistic flair of pic 3 and 4 :-)

Glad you got her fixed man!

Eric

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Joe Doty wrote:

> aint the first time the last has come through for me.
>
> problem solved.  turns out that one of those metal strips on the back of my
> pressure plate had broken.  the surface of the pressure plate had become
> slightly off center (not off enough to see if it was dark and you were tired
> and frustrated).  and not a problem that you would see if the PP was still
> bolted to the crank.  it was dragging on two of the flywheel bolts.  three
> weeks, $150, three transmission pulls, and much swearing, i finally got it.
>
> mucho thanks to everyone who helped, especially kevin, who suggested selling
> the car to my brother :p
>
> check the pics, you can see the broken metal and grooves in the side of the
> pp, and the hose that got chewed up by the fan.
>
> http://www.calpoly.edu/~jdoty/pics/pp1.jpg
> http://www.calpoly.edu/~jdoty/pics/pp2.jpg
> http://www.calpoly.edu/~jdoty/pics/pp3.jpg
> http://www.calpoly.edu/~jdoty/pics/pp4.jpg
>
> many thanks,
> Joe

Eric
Westminster, CO

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport
79 Scirocco (Parts car)
80 Scirocco (Parts car)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
84 Scirocco Automatic (Katy's Daily Driver)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
00 Golf GL TDI (My Daily Driver)

-Kelli Fox