RE: ABA swap questions

Most of the people running the ABA block that I've seen keep their original
head and fuel inj.  That is the easiest possible swap - besides getting the
distributor adpater package from TT (which i should have done instead of
building a custom dist.) and the block-off plate for the crankcase breather
(which is also included in the package if im not mistaken) it's really just
like swapping one block with another.  I  personally saw no problems with
the added 16mm and everything fits under the hood with just alittle rubbing
of the throttle cable on the stressbar.  Now - the 1.8 head i have now is
getting replaced with the full x-flow system.  We've just started, getting
the xflow ported,polished, HD valve springs, BIG valves (not sure what size
yet... i've hear people running as big as 42 intake 35 exh) - the works.  I
decided that i wanted to go motronic because i really wanted something i
could chip and walk away from.... with cis it always seems i was tweaking
mixture and whatnot.  Also motronic is a much more suitable system for
running a turbo application.  A wide variety of injectors are available and
once the system is inplace spend the extra $200 to have a custom chip burned
to match it. Done deal.  I have no idea what the numbers on my car will
be... and unfortunately i doubt it will be done b4 the NW dyno day (oct 6 -
e-mail shannon or me for more info).  For Tim - if you have a 16v - I'd go
with a 9a (and bore/stroke out to a 2.1 or 2.2!!!! =)... taking an aba and
slapping a 16v head on it will probably be more money than it's worth.  And
if you really want to go turbo talk to bradley who's right in the middle of
it with full TEC-2 and a sweet ass custom fuel rail.

sean
2.0 valve challenged